K Beauty Tips: How To Use AHA/BHA In Your Skincare RoutinePosted on 01/07/2019
Chemical exfoliators are a great addition to any skincare routine. Despite sounding harsh, they’re actually quite gentle on your skin, especially in comparison to some physical exfoliators (e.g. scrubs). For example, an abrasive physical exfoliator that has large granules may potentially cause micro-tears on your skin! Chemical exfoliators are liquids and work to dissolve dead skin cells rather than physically scrub them away. When looking at chemical exfoliators, the two most common acids used in skincare are AHA (Alpha Hydroxy Acid) and BHA (Beta Hydroxy Acid). They work similarly but also slightly differently, and it can be quite confusing for those new to acids. To help simplify it for you, we’ve created a How To Use AHA/BHA In Your Skincare Routine Guide! In this guide you’ll be able to compare the slight differences between how these two acids work, how to use them in your skincare routine as well as what ingredients you can or can’t use them with.
For those with extremely sensitive skin, try using chemical exfoliators that contain PHA (Polyhydroxy Acid) or Mandelic Acid (gentlest AHA).
For more information on the different types of acids used in skincare, visit our blog post: Best Skincare Acids: Types, Benefits & How To Use.
Shop This How To Use AHA / BHA In Your Skincare Routine Guide
Below you’ll find our two most popular chemical exfoliators:
We’ve also included some of our other products (e.g. toners, cleansers, serums) which incorporate acids in them. The concentration of AHA / BHA in these products are not as high as the chemical exfoliators however, they still provide a mild exfoliation effect. These products are also a great way to introduce acids into your skincare routine.
Have you tried AHA or BHA before? Let us know what your favourite chemical exfoliators are in the comments below!
Let’s Face It
- K Beauty Tips: How To Double Cleanse Posted on 01/05/2019
- K Beauty Tips: How To Improve Wrinkles Posted on 13/03/2019
- 10 Step Korean Skin Care Routine Guide Posted on 03/07/2019
- Let’s Face Facts: Cleansing Oils Are Good For You! Posted on 25/06/2019
- K Beauty Tips: Korean Skincare Routine (Day & Night) Posted on 17/06/2019
- Let’s Face Facts: Top 5 Myths About Pores! Posted on 23/04/2019
- Korean Beauty Breakdown: Toner vs. Essence Posted on 20/05/2019
- K Beauty Tips: How To Pore Care Posted on 25/02/2019