K Beauty Tips: How To Use AHA/BHA In Your Skincare RoutinePosted on 01/07/2019
Chemical exfoliators are a great addition to any skincare routine. Despite sounding harsh, they’re actually quite gentle on your skin, especially in comparison to some physical exfoliators (e.g. scrubs). For example, an abrasive physical exfoliator that has large granules may potentially cause micro-tears on your skin! Chemical exfoliators are liquids and work to dissolve dead skin cells rather than physically scrub them away. When looking at chemical exfoliators, the two most common acids used in skincare are AHA (Alpha Hydroxy Acid) and BHA (Beta Hydroxy Acid). They work similarly but also slightly differently, and it can be quite confusing for those new to acids. To help simplify it for you, we’ve created a How To Use AHA/BHA In Your Skincare Routine Guide! In this guide you’ll be able to compare the slight differences between how these two acids work, how to use them in your skincare routine as well as what ingredients you can or can’t use them with.
For those with extremely sensitive skin, try using chemical exfoliators that contain PHA (Polyhydroxy Acid) or Mandelic Acid (gentlest AHA).
For more information on the different types of acids used in skincare, visit our blog post: Best Skincare Acids: Types, Benefits & How To Use.
Shop This How To Use AHA / BHA In Your Skincare Routine Guide
Below you’ll find our two most popular chemical exfoliators:
We’ve also included some of our other products (e.g. toners, cleansers, serums) which incorporate acids in them. The concentration of AHA / BHA in these products are not as high as the chemical exfoliators however, they still provide a mild exfoliation effect. These products are also a great way to introduce acids into your skincare routine.
Have you tried AHA or BHA before? Let us know what your favourite chemical exfoliators are in the comments below!
Let’s Face It
- Korean Beauty Trends 2020 Posted on 08/01/2020
- The Difference Between Serums, Essences And Ampoule Posted on 17/02/2020
- K Beauty Tips: How To Skin Care In-Flight Posted on 25/10/2019
- K Beauty Tips: How To Cool Down Your Skin Posted on 16/01/2020
- K Beauty Tips: 5 Ways To Self Care Posted on 12/02/2020
- K Beauty Tips: How To Save Your Skin After Drinking Posted on 14/12/2019
- Best K Beauty Sheet Masks For Every Skin Type Posted on 14/11/2019
- K Beauty Tips: How To Sheet Mask 101 Posted on 04/11/2019