K Beauty Tips: How To Face MapPosted on 08/08/2019
Do you sometimes feel like your solid skincare routine or spot treatments just don’t cut it when it comes to treating or preventing acne? The Korean skincare philosophy is all about treating the root cause of skin concerns as well as providing preventative care. However, we often neglect to figure out what factors may actually trigger our acne. Enter: Face Mapping. This ancient Chinese and Ayurvedic technique takes on a more holistic approach to diagnosing the triggers for your acne. The belief is that certain parts of your face are connected to specific areas of your body and thus, your face reflects your internal organ system. If you’re wondering why those pesky pimples keep popping up in the same spot, or if you know your triggers and are curious to see the accuracy, learn how to read your skin with our How To Face Map Guide below!
Our guide shows you the parts of your face that link to your internal organs, and the potential triggers that may be causing your acne. There are also some tips on how to better treat and prevent acne breakouts. Pay close attention next time you see acne appearing on your face. Is it time to wash your pillow case again (cheeks)? Did you have Maccas on the way home from a night of drinking (in between eyes / forehead)? Or maybe it’s that time of the month again (chin). Certain lifestyle changes can help prevent acne from showing up on your face as well as improve your overall health and wellness. Generally speaking, some great ways to start working towards clearer skin are:
- Having a healthy and balanced diet (no need to cut out greasy / spicy food completely! Everything in moderation)
- Exercising regularly
- Sleeping 7-8 hours a night
And of course, don’t forget to stay consistent with your skincare routine too!
Related article: Top 10 Foods For Healthy, Glowing Skin.
Shop This How To Face Map Guide
Some gentle, effective and affordable Korean skincare product recommendations for acne include:
- COSRX BHA Blackhead Power Liquid
- Benton Aloe BHA Skin Toner
- COSRX Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence
- Dr Jart+ Cicapair serum
- Pyunkang Yul Acne Line
- COSRX AC Collection
- Some By Mi 30 Days Miracle Range
To learn more about the different types of acne and how to treat them, see our blog series: Korean Skincare Guide: Treating Acne.
Do you know how to read your skin and what triggers your acne? How accurate is this face map for you? Let us know in the comments below!
Let’s Face It
- Korean Beauty 101: A Beginners Guide Posted on 09/08/2019
- The Buzz Around ‘Bee-Tox’: Bee Venom Skincare Posted on 31/07/2019
- K Beauty Tips: How To Use AHA/BHA In Your Skincare Routine Posted on 01/07/2019
- Let’s Face Facts: Cleansing Oils Are Good For You! Posted on 25/06/2019
- K Beauty Tips: Korean Skincare Routine (Day & Night) Posted on 17/06/2019
- Korean Beauty Breakdown: Toner vs. Essence Posted on 20/05/2019
- 10 Step Korean Skin Care Routine Guide Posted on 03/07/2019
- K Beauty Tips: How To Treat Milia Posted on 30/08/2019